Wednesday, January 25, 2012

#4) YOU! Do you know well enough about you?

AP Lang is all about how YOU think, how YOU analyze, how YOU understand, and how YOU argue. So? Be yourself and speak up your beliefs now. 

If you do not have a good amount of thinking about what you believe in , now is the time to  think about how you view the world. I was extremely excited when i read my summer assignment title. "ARGUE WITH ME". Really? I can actually argue with the teacher, society, friends through writing an essay? I have heard from my parents, teachers ad friends "Don't argue with me." However AP lang gave me chance to speak up and share my ideas, experience, anecdote and opinions. If you have an opinion and strong beliefs, speak up! The stronger you argue about your opinion, the more effective your essay will be. Socratic seminar is not an exception. No one will judge you on what you say. Because in AP Lang, people are very open minded and respect other people's opinions. If you  say something you do not believe in but to only "sounds" smart, that would not last long. None of our work is done by one little fancy sentence. You have to build your argument based on evidence. In order to find the evidence, and have a strong beliefs about it, you have to have a strong voice to persuade the audience.
If you truly become yourself, I guarantee that as you write any kind of argumentative essay, you will start to realize your thinking has changed. This is because you started to build your thoughts in a more concrete way. You started to avoid cliche ideas. You started to think what is right or wrong. You will start to realize who you are as a person.  
Some people are afraid of speaking up because of various reasons; however, how are you going to survive in the jungle without showing your strength and wisdom by crying out like a fierce tiger? 


This song is "I want to be myself" by 3 Doors down. Don't let anything, or anyone stop you from becoming who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment